Monument to Mkhitar Heratsi to be erected in Tehran
The monument to the famous Armenian physician and 12th century scientist Mkhitar Heratsi will be erected in Tehran, the press service of Yerevan State Medical University (YSMU) after Heratsi reports.
It is reported that the Council of Tehran State Medical University decided by this symbolic step to designate the establishment of effective cooperation and long-term ties with YSMU.
“The monument to the famous Armenian scientist will be erected in the square of Tehran University as a sign of cooperation and friendship between the two countries and universities,” the press release said.
In response, the YSMU Council decided to place a monument to a medieval Persian scientist, philosopher and physician Avicenna (Ibn Sina) in the newly constructed Medical Park in Yerevan.
It is also noted that in the new academic year, both universities are planning mutual visits, exchange programs that will open new perspectives for students and clinical residents of both universities.
Mkhitar Heratsi is a classic of Armenian medieval medicine, the author of the famous publication “Consolation in Fever”, treatises, encyclopedic works on surgery, diet and psychotherapy.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative NEW 50 MINUTES AGO
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan