Tekeyan Cultural Association of the US and Canada Meeting Announces November Convention
The Central Board of the Tekeyan Cultural Association (TCA) of the United States and Canada held one of its regular meetings at the center of the TCA Greater New York chapter on Saturday, August 17. The board reviewed budget and administrative issues, conditions in various TCA chapters and at its West Coast office in Altadena, California and relations with various TCA bodies in other countries, along with plans for various publications, including a forthcoming volume of articles of the recently deceased TCA leader Dr. Nubar Berberian.
The Central Board approved the progress of extensive renovations of the offices of its headquarters at the Baikar Building in Watertown and determined that the next TCA Representative Assembly will be held in Watertown on November 23-24, together with an inauguration of the newly renovated space.
Furthermore, the Central Board decided to hire as of January 1, 2020 an office will open on the West Coast region with an executive secretary, working out of the TCA office located at the Beshgeturian Center in Altadena, Calif.
Inasmuch as since the inception of the Vahan Tekeyan School in Beirut, Lebanon, the TCA of the US and Canada, and its predecessor bodies, like the Tekeyan School Auxiliary Committee, have continually supported and financed the school, the Central Board of the TCA of the US and Canada determined to continue its financial support to this educational institution.
Sponsor a Teacher and Tekeyan Schools in Armenia and Artsakh
The continued success of the TCA Sponsor a Teacher program in Armenia and Artsakh was reviewed, with Program Director Maro Bedrosian. The five supported Tekeyan schools are successful and the program seeks new donors to help support teachers and staff there. For more information, email email@example.com.
In addition, Central Board member Arto Berdge Manoukian provided information on renovations of the TCA Berdzor school, located in the strategic Lachin corridor linking Armenia and Artsakh. The Saro Manoukian fund three years ago funded renovations of classrooms, with the help of Gayane Muradyan, representative of TCA of the US and Canada in Armenia.
Manoukian explained that the roof was leaking so renovations were first done of second floor classrooms. The positive results inspired other donors to renovate classrooms one after the other, including one through fundraising which was named after Monte Melkonian. Soon the entire second floor was renovated.
This fall, a Tekeyan Armenia trip organized by Manoukian, in addition to allowing for extensive tourism and enjoyment, will bring visitors and donors to the site to participate in the ceremonial opening of this floor on September 30. The school started with 25 students and now serves 200. In order to start renovating the third floor, the local government was asked to repair the roof. This has also been accomplished so third floor work will start soon, with two classrooms already having Canadian donors. Approximately three to four thousand US dollars are necessary to renovate a classroom, which may be dedicated to loved ones or Armenian popular figures. Tax receipt donations can be provided. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board members present at the New Jersey meeting included President Edmond Azadian, Vice President Dr. Arshavir Gundjian, Secretary Hagop Vartivarian, Treasurer Maro Bedrosian, Assistant Treasurer Kevork Marashlian, Hilda Hartounian, Arto Berdge Manoukian, Mihran Minassian and Hratch Torikian, along with Executive Director Aram Arkun. Dr. Haroutiun Arzoumanian, Kevork Keushkerian and Vatche Semerdjian were unable to attend.
Source: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says