"Passion" around Theresa May reaching a solution?
This morning, the international media began to spread rather controversial information about the future of British Prime Minister Theresa May. The Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy, referring to the The Times, spread the information that today, Ms. May may resign.
Presumably, this will happen after a meeting with the head of the 1922 Committee parliamentary commission, conservative Graham Brady.
The reason is not a secret to anyone: even members of the May government do not support her position on the issue of Britain’s exit from the European Union.
The BBC and Daily Telegraph agencies remind that many of the British Prime Minister’s supporters turned away from her after she, without proper consultation with the ministers, promised the deputies to hold a second Brexit referendum.
A few hours ago, Reuters reported that Teresa May had decided to withdraw from June 7 of this year as the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, and at the same time that means, as the country's prime minister. In the presence of journalists, she said: “I realized the interests of the state require it.” At the end of her speech, Theresa May burst into tears.
In fact, the last high level meeting of the British Prime Minister will be with the President of the United States, Donald Trump, who will visit Foggy Albion in early June.
It is also noteworthy that May party members, former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, and Andrea Leadsom, who recently retired from the post of chairman of the lower house of the British parliament, have already declared their claims to the post of prime minister. Among the applicants are also British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt and the head of the Home Office, Sajid Javid.
All of this indicates that the process of electing a new prime minister is likely to be very turbulent. In any case, as experience shows, it will be delayed for 5-6 weeks, and, before that, Theresa May will continue to lead the cabinet, but already as temporary acting officer.
- Burj Khalifa to light up in Armenian flag colors on Independence day NEW 19 MINUTES AGO
- Highest paid rapper in the world named
- Armenia climb two spots in latest FIFA ranking
- Xi Jinping congratulates Armenian people on Independence Day
- Russia’s Putin congratulates Armenian President on Independence Day
- Yuri Khachaturov's son awarded title of Major General
- President Sarkissian received Boeing International Corporation delegation
- HayPost cancels postage stamp dedicated to religion
- Iran warns of attacks by US or Saudi Arabia
- Actor Babken Chobanyan bestowed with Honorary Title of Honored Artist of Armenia
- President Sarkissian awards writer Alexander Topchyan with medal
- Today is Vazgen I birthday
- Yekaterinburg to host a concert to mark Komitas's 150th anniversary
- Armenia, Azerbaijan FMs to meet in New York on September 23
- Labor strike and boycotting of classes in Jermuk town for saving Amulsar
- Arman Sargsyan appointed acting Armenian police chief
- Instagram Users Under 18 Will Soon Be Blocked From Seeing Posts Promoting Certain Cosmetic Surgery And Diet Products: Buzzfeed
- Earthquake hits Armenia's Shirak Province
- On September 22-23 the air temperature will gradually go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenian Nuclear Power Plant can smoothly operate until 2026, says Russian expert
- FIDE World Cup 2019: Aronian to play against Vietnam’s Lê Quang Liêm
- George R.R. Martin confirms HBO Targaryen show
- Otyan as political satirist
- Top 5 high-calorie but healthy snacks
- Today is Smiley Emoticons Day