"Passion" around Theresa May reaching a solution?
This morning, the international media began to spread rather controversial information about the future of British Prime Minister Theresa May. The Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy, referring to the The Times, spread the information that today, Ms. May may resign.
Presumably, this will happen after a meeting with the head of the 1922 Committee parliamentary commission, conservative Graham Brady.
The reason is not a secret to anyone: even members of the May government do not support her position on the issue of Britain’s exit from the European Union.
The BBC and Daily Telegraph agencies remind that many of the British Prime Minister’s supporters turned away from her after she, without proper consultation with the ministers, promised the deputies to hold a second Brexit referendum.
A few hours ago, Reuters reported that Teresa May had decided to withdraw from June 7 of this year as the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, and at the same time that means, as the country's prime minister. In the presence of journalists, she said: “I realized the interests of the state require it.” At the end of her speech, Theresa May burst into tears.
In fact, the last high level meeting of the British Prime Minister will be with the President of the United States, Donald Trump, who will visit Foggy Albion in early June.
It is also noteworthy that May party members, former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, and Andrea Leadsom, who recently retired from the post of chairman of the lower house of the British parliament, have already declared their claims to the post of prime minister. Among the applicants are also British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt and the head of the Home Office, Sajid Javid.
All of this indicates that the process of electing a new prime minister is likely to be very turbulent. In any case, as experience shows, it will be delayed for 5-6 weeks, and, before that, Theresa May will continue to lead the cabinet, but already as temporary acting officer.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)