"Passion" around Theresa May reaching a solution?
This morning, the international media began to spread rather controversial information about the future of British Prime Minister Theresa May. The Russian radio station Ekho Moskvy, referring to the The Times, spread the information that today, Ms. May may resign.
Presumably, this will happen after a meeting with the head of the 1922 Committee parliamentary commission, conservative Graham Brady.
The reason is not a secret to anyone: even members of the May government do not support her position on the issue of Britain’s exit from the European Union.
The BBC and Daily Telegraph agencies remind that many of the British Prime Minister’s supporters turned away from her after she, without proper consultation with the ministers, promised the deputies to hold a second Brexit referendum.
A few hours ago, Reuters reported that Teresa May had decided to withdraw from June 7 of this year as the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, and at the same time that means, as the country's prime minister. In the presence of journalists, she said: “I realized the interests of the state require it.” At the end of her speech, Theresa May burst into tears.
In fact, the last high level meeting of the British Prime Minister will be with the President of the United States, Donald Trump, who will visit Foggy Albion in early June.
It is also noteworthy that May party members, former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson, and Andrea Leadsom, who recently retired from the post of chairman of the lower house of the British parliament, have already declared their claims to the post of prime minister. Among the applicants are also British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt and the head of the Home Office, Sajid Javid.
All of this indicates that the process of electing a new prime minister is likely to be very turbulent. In any case, as experience shows, it will be delayed for 5-6 weeks, and, before that, Theresa May will continue to lead the cabinet, but already as temporary acting officer.
- Масленица Обретения Креста на горе Вараг
- Could sunscreen affect vitamin D deficiency?
- On September 22 the air temperature will go down by 8-10 degrees
- Armenia Wine's cognac wins silver at Int'l Wine & Spirit Competition
- Guest Recipe: Grapes Leaves with Rice, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Herbs
- Ten Volumes of Italian Diplomatic Documents on Armenians Soon to Be Completed
- Armenia Independence Day
- Putin congatulates Pashinyan
- Diabetes can be predicted at 8 years
- Trump says US supports desire of Armenian people to live in democratic country
- Exercise slows Alzheimer's Disease, study says
- Speaker of Parliament Ararat Mirzoyan offers congratulations on Independence Day
- World Cup: Levon Aronian started with a draw in the 1/8 finals
- Russia, China veto UN resolution calling for truce in Syria
- Bako Sahakyan congratulates Armenian counterpart on Independence Day
- Today is International Day of Peace
- Let’s protect and defend our state, our church, be tolerant and caring towards one another: Armenian President's congratulatory message on Independence Day
- Top officials of Armenia and Artsakh visit Yerablur military pantheon on Independence Day
- Independence Day of Armenia and International Day of Peace: September 21
- Post-Revolution Art: Dialogues about Revolution and Power
- Chicken liver salad recipe
- Armenia’s Police Chief Dismissed, Appointed Adviser To Pashinyan
- In the afternoon of September 21 the wind speed may reach up to 20-25 m/s
- French actor of Armenian descent Charles Gérard dies aged 96
- Elizabeth II congratulates Sarkissian on Armenian Independence Day