Armenia’s deputy PM and Latvian Ambassador discussed prospects of launching Yerevan-Riga direct flight
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan on September 5 received Ambassador of Latvia to Armenia Ingrida Leverence (residence in Tbilisi), the deputy PM’s Office told Armenpress.
Welcoming the guest the deputy PM said in recent years the Armenian-Latvian relations recorded a major progress, and expressed hope that it will be possible to form more ambitious cooperation agenda with joint efforts.
The sides agreed that there is a great potential in the trade-economic sector that is still not utilized and in this regard attached importance to the next session of the inter-governmental commission on economic cooperation. They also touched upon the prospects of launching Yerevan-Riga direct flight. Deputy PM Avinyan said the Armenian government is taking practical steps to launch new air destinations.
Ambassador Ingrida Leverence said Latvia is ready to support Armenia’s ongoing reforms and share its experience.
The sides also discussed the Armenia-EU ties and the development prospects of Eastern Partnership Program.
During the meeting issues relating to boosting the parliamentary diplomacy and deepening the cultural ties were also discussed.
- British travel vlogger flies 30,000 miles to see the Seven Wonders of the World in just seven days: The Sun
- Hyundai Motor Group Develops Center Side Airbag
- The air temperature will gradually go down by 9-11 degrees
- Google plans to protect users from dubious medical information
- Artsakh comments on statements of Georgian and Ukrainian foreign ministries
- Armenian PM holds farewell meeting with UK Ambassador
- Surp Amenaprkich Ghazanchetsots Cathedral in Shushi
- Romania’s Senate adopts bill to declare October 12 Day of Armenian language, alphabet and culture
- Dzeko wants Mkhitaryan to stay at Roma for long term
- Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
- Saudi Arabia vows "material evidence" linking Iran to oil attack
- President Sarkissian signs decree on dismissing Valery Osipyan as Police Chief of Armenia
- OSCE conducts monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- PM fires Police Chief Valery Osipyan
- Iranian leader calls attack on Saudi refineries warning from Yemenis
- Armenian FM hosted by Latvian President in Riga Castle
- Armenia’s Independence Day
- Valeriy Osipyan’s resignation not discussed at Security Council’s session: NA speaker
- No such thing: Armenia defense minister on chances of stepping down
- World Chess Cup: Armenia’s Aronian is in 1/8 finals
- Today Armenia celebrates Astronomy Day
- Today is outstanding Armenian astronomer Viktor Hambardzumyan's birthday
- Armenia Police Chief resigns
- Chicken fricassee recipe
- Next OSCE monitoring of Artsakh contact line set for September 18