Armenia’s deputy PM and Latvian Ambassador discussed prospects of launching Yerevan-Riga direct flight
Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan on September 5 received Ambassador of Latvia to Armenia Ingrida Leverence (residence in Tbilisi), the deputy PM’s Office told Armenpress.
Welcoming the guest the deputy PM said in recent years the Armenian-Latvian relations recorded a major progress, and expressed hope that it will be possible to form more ambitious cooperation agenda with joint efforts.
The sides agreed that there is a great potential in the trade-economic sector that is still not utilized and in this regard attached importance to the next session of the inter-governmental commission on economic cooperation. They also touched upon the prospects of launching Yerevan-Riga direct flight. Deputy PM Avinyan said the Armenian government is taking practical steps to launch new air destinations.
Ambassador Ingrida Leverence said Latvia is ready to support Armenia’s ongoing reforms and share its experience.
The sides also discussed the Armenia-EU ties and the development prospects of Eastern Partnership Program.
During the meeting issues relating to boosting the parliamentary diplomacy and deepening the cultural ties were also discussed.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)