Beds for 2020 Olympic village presented in Japan
The Japanese Olympic Committee on Tuesday in Tokyo presented the beds that athletes will use in the Olympic Village at the 2020 Games.
The main feature of the beds, which were specially designed for the upcoming Games, is environmental friendliness, a key topic of the upcoming Games in Tokyo is devoted to this aspect. For example, the bed frame is made of recycled cardboard. “A good and healthy sleep is one of the most important elements for any athlete. We are sure that the beds developed by us on the occasion of the Games will be able to provide athletes with just such a sleep,” representatives of the organization noted during the presentation.
The bed is 210 cm long, but special versions up to 230 cm long have been prepared for tall athletes. According to the organizers, the beds and their components have increased strength, water and fire resistance, and are also capable of supporting up to 200 kg. Athletes will also be offered various options for eco-friendly mattresses of varying degrees of rigidity. In total, about 18 thousand of these beds were made for the Olympic Games in Tokyo, another eight thousand for the participants of the Paralympic Games.
Games in Tokyo will be held from July 24 to August 9, 2020.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)