Turkey to restore historic Armenian church in Diyarbakir
Turkey will restore Surp Giragos Armenian church in Diyarbakir, Anadolu Agency reports.
Annan Ertem, director-general of the Foundations department, said 15 million Turkish liras ($2.75 million) will be spent on the restoration of Surp Giragos Armenian and Mar Petyun Assyrian churches in the southeastern Diyarbakir province.
The Ministry of Environment and Urbanization will provide the funds, he added.
"All historical buildings in the area will be restored," Ertem said.
Surp Giragos is an Armenian church built in the 16th century and it is the largest Armenian church in the Middle East, covering over 3,000 square meters.
Mar Petyun Chaldean Church was built in the 17th century.
- Alexis Ohanian welcomes Dwayne Johnson to Armenian "clan"
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- Armenia to take part in World Championship with 9 weightlifters
- Liu Yifei: Mulan boycott urged after star backs HK police
- Siberian ulcer case recorded in Armenia
- “Forget-me-not” tower set to be built in Yerevan
- DOD Conducts Ground Launch Cruise Missile Test
- President Sarkissian, Khaldoon Al Mubarak meet in Manchester
- OSCE to conduct monitoring at Artsakh-Azerbaijan Line of Contact
- From Belgrade to Buenos Aires, these are the world's best party cities
- Oscars 2020 odds: Joaquin Phoenix and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood early favourites
- How social media affects girls' mental health: study
- Bulgur, Mint and Peach Salad Recipe
- George R.R. Martin: "Game Of Thrones" being over is "freeing"
- The air temperature will not essentially change
- International Photo Festival to be held in Yerevan
- Turkey Fires Kurdish Mayors Ahead of Military Push Into Syria - Bloomberg
- Iran warns U.S. against seizing Grace 1 oil tanker
- Study reveals over third of children and adolescents are passive smokers
- Danish PM hopes Trump ‘isn’t serious’ about buying Greenland: NYP
- Scientists on possible consequences of large-scale nuclear war
- Improvement of military positions is constant process: Armenia MOD
- Best food to lower high blood pressure
- Chinari village can no longer be fired at from Azerbaijan: Ararat Mirzoyan
- Messi completely recovered from calf injury