Turkish military sabotages historic church in Syria’s Afrin: report
The Turkish military and its proxies currently controlling the northern Syrian city of Afrin continue to inflict huge damage upon historic and archeological sites in the city, Al-Masdar News reports.
Recently, a group of Turkish soldiers along with its backed Syrian militants have destroyed Saint Maron church located in Brad village of the Shirawa district.
According to local source, the vandals stole several artifacts which belong to the church.
Afrin, a city in northern Aleppo, was seized by the Turkish Army and other rebel groups in March 2018. By then, it was under the control of People’s Protection Units (YPG) and Women’s Protection Units (YPJ).
A Kurdish-language media outlet quoted local sources in Afrin as saying that the Turkish Army has turned the historical site in Jandariseh into a military base for its soldiers.
According to the sources, the Turkish military was seen building three-meter-high walls near the base. The move comes after the Turkish Army troops were accused of destroying artifacts in the Afrin region of Aleppo to build a base.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)