US’ Afghanistan invasion backers plotting economic terror against Iran — foreign minister
The supporters of the US invasion in Afghanistan in Washington are plotting to unleash a campaign of economic terrorism on Tehran, Iranian Foreign Affairs Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif believes.
"Same B Team which a) provided most 9/11 terrorists and b) pushed the US into the Afghan/Iraq quagmires is now plotting war through Economic Terrorism on Iranians," he wrote on his official Twitter page.
On Wednesday, Zarif lambasted the latest US sanctions imposed on officials in the Iranian leadership as an act of escalating economic terrorism.
On Tuesday, US Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin told a joint press briefing in the White House with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that the United States had slapped sanctions against natural persons and legal entities linked to terrorist groups. Mnuchin specified that the decision was aimed against organizations close to Hamas, the ISIS and Al-Qaeda, as well as Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC, elite forces).
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)