Armenia has it all: Rosturizm on alternative to Georgia
After the introduction of a temporary ban on passenger flights from Russia to Georgia by the decree signed by Vladimir Putin after the scandal with the Russian delegation in Tbilisi and subsequent protests, all Russian airlines should cancel flights, and tour operators and travel agents should stop selling tours to Georgia and, instead, offer an alternative direction, writes RUSARMINFO.
As an alternative to Georgia, Russian tourists are now choosing Armenia, the press secretary of the Russian Union of Travel Industry Irina Tyurina notes.
“People go to Georgia for the atmosphere, delicious food and wine. Armenia has it all. So, many, due to the temporary ban, changed the Georgian tour to the Armenian one. The popularity of Armenia has grown these days, ”Irina Tyurina said in an interview with RUSARMINFO.
At the same time, she noted that most of the tourists are not in a hurry to abandon the planned trip to Georgia: tourists change only the way to get and fly to Georgia through Yerevan.
According to the Association of Tour Operators of Russia, organized tourists are about 5-7 thousand, and independent travelers are 2-3 times more. Rosturizm voices other figures: 3.5 thousand people.
- October 16 is the Armenian Press Day
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view