Lawsuit opened due to failure of a tender for supply of Russian weapons
A criminal case “on negligent attitude to service” has been opened in Armenia because of a disruption of the tender for the supply of weapons in which the Russian company participated.
In May, the Ministry of Defense of the Republic for the first time in its history announced a tender for the supply of military equipment in the amount of several million dollars. Only Russian ORSIS could satisfy the qualification requirements.
Soon it turned out that the tender was closed without explanation. ORSIS appealed to the Appeals Commission and to the lawyer representing its interests in Armenia, as a result of which a lawsuit was filed. The military attache of the Armenian Embassy in Russia was also informed about the incident.
The Armenian Ministry of Defense confirmed the information about the criminal case.
"All additional information will be provided at the end of the work of the investigating authorities," the agency’s representative told RIA Novosti.
ORSIS, part of the Promtechnology group, has been supplying Yerevan with weapons, ammunition and optics for several years. The company said that now it is on the black list.
- Artur Hovhannisyan reached the quarter finals defeating Azerbaijan representative NEW 45 MINUTES AGO
- Komitas 150th anniversary celebration event to beheld in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Kocharyan’s defense asks court to release ex-president on bail
- Stadium after Nikita Simonyan may appear in Russia
- Armen Sarkissian receives international experts, venture investors Luigi Amati and Brigitt Bauma
- Court left Kocharyan under arrest
- OSCE to conduct monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact
- Today the decision on the request to cancel the arrest of Robert Kocharian will be announced
- Iranian authorities refused to negotiate with US
- Repeat parliamentary elections kick off in Israel
- Humor-Filled Sequel to Where Is Your Groom? to be Staged at Alex Theatre this Fall
- System Of A Down announce Findland concert for June 25
- Large-scale military exercises to be held in Armenia
- Ham Pie Recipe
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Triumphs At Emmys For Contentious ‘Long Night’ Episode
- The air temperature will gradually go up by 1-2 degrees
- Bako Sahakyan visited the Moshatagh village of the Kashatagh region
- OPEC sees no risks to market supply due to attacks on Saudi Aramco facilities, says source
- Armen Sarkissian highly appreciated Germany former President's great contribution to the recognition of the Armenian Genocide
- Armenian President signs decree on NSS head resignation
- Growth in export of cucumbers from Armenia comprises 174%
- Former German President Joachim Gauck visited Holy See of Echmiadzin
- Armenia’s security chief steps down
- 21st century is going to be a period of technologies, science, human brain and creativity
- Alexis Ohanian to attend his book's Armenian translation presentation in Yerevan