Israel will be annihilated in half an hour if US attacks Iran: Mojtaba Zonnour
Chairman of Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Mojtaba Zonnour has refuted the US president’s recent claim that he prevented military strike on Iran with just 10 minutes to go.
Mojtaba Zonnour, Chairman of Iranian Parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, made the remarks in an interview with Tehran-based Al-Alam Arabic language news TV network on Monday.
Zonnor said that Donald Trump’s claim that he stopped a retaliatory military strike on Iran only 10 minutes to go was a ‘political bluff’.
He said that “if they (the Americans) had predicted their attack would be successful, they would not have cancelled it and it would definitely have happened.” He added that the US president’s advisors could see the failure of the attack.
The senior Iranian lawmaker added that Iran’s power has created deterrence, adding that all the 36 US military bases in the region are under Iran’s surveillance.
He further described Trump as a businessman who only cares about money and is not man of war.
Zonnor went on to describe Iran’s power as devastating, underlining that “if the US attacks us, only half an hour will remain of Israel’s lifespan.”
He further noted that Iran is ready for any aggression while it does not intend to attack any country.
Source: Mehr News Agency
- Zareh Sinanyan met with Abel Aghanbekyan, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration