Armenia welcomes any initiative aimed at deepening economic cooperation in CIS – PM Pashinyan
Armenia welcomes any initiative which is directed for deepening the economic cooperation within the CIS states, as well as expanding the integration processes, Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said at the session of the CIS Council of Heads of State in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan on October 11.
The PM thanked the President of Turkmenistan and the Turkmen partners for organizing the session at a high level and for the warm welcome.
“I am very impressed with Ashgabat, with its wonderful architecture. I am visiting here for the first time. I want to express my gratitude to Turkmenistan for the work carried out during the chairmanship in the CIS aimed at the development of the organization. Your productive work has been reflected in the agenda issues of our cooperation”, Pashinyan said.
He said Armenia welcomes the declaration on economic, strategic cooperation and supports any initiative aimed at deepening the economic partnership, expanding the integration processes within the CIS states. The document outlines key strategic goals for the cooperation which can be achieved through a coordinated and consistent work both at the bilateral and multilateral formats.
Among the agenda issues Pashinyan highlighted the joint address to the CIS peoples, the international community on the 75th anniversary of the Great Patriotic Victory.
“It’s very important to inform our youth in our countries and elsewhere about the key role our peoples have played in the fight against fascism. According to various estimates, nearly 300.000 Armenians were killed during that years”, Pashinyan said. He noted that Armenia supports any constructive step aimed at objective coverage of these historical events, as well as opposes all those attempts of subjective interpretation.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)