Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio
The patriarchal visit of the Catholicos of All Armenians of Vazgen I to India took place in November 1963. There is one, at first glance, an incredible story associated with this visit of the Catholicos. Nevertheless, according to many testimonies, the case presented below was told by the translator Kuselyan, who was personally present at the meeting of Catholicos Vazgen I and the President of India.
On the eve of the meeting the master of ceremonies of the Presidential Palace paid a visit to the Armenian Catholicos. He began to explain in detail that the meeting was scheduled for 3:00 pm, and the retinue would be in place 10 minutes before it began. Then the doors will open and President of India Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan will come out to the guests.
The next day, the Armenian spiritual leader arrived at the presidential residence at exactly the appointed time. After President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan came out to the guests, those present themselves had to go to the Indian leader to greet him.
However, Radhakrishnan opened his arms, leaving aside the official part, and said: "Welcome, Your Holiness". After that, the president asked an unexpected for everyone question: “Ask, please, did the spiritual leader bring one of Yerevan radio anecdotes with him?”.
In response, the Catholicos asked what kind of anecdote the Indian president had heard.
Armenian jokes were known then thanks to the famous Armenians.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)