Catholicos of All Armenians Vazgen and Yerevan Radio
The patriarchal visit of the Catholicos of All Armenians of Vazgen I to India took place in November 1963. There is one, at first glance, an incredible story associated with this visit of the Catholicos. Nevertheless, according to many testimonies, the case presented below was told by the translator Kuselyan, who was personally present at the meeting of Catholicos Vazgen I and the President of India.
On the eve of the meeting the master of ceremonies of the Presidential Palace paid a visit to the Armenian Catholicos. He began to explain in detail that the meeting was scheduled for 3:00 pm, and the retinue would be in place 10 minutes before it began. Then the doors will open and President of India Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan will come out to the guests.
The next day, the Armenian spiritual leader arrived at the presidential residence at exactly the appointed time. After President Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan came out to the guests, those present themselves had to go to the Indian leader to greet him.
However, Radhakrishnan opened his arms, leaving aside the official part, and said: "Welcome, Your Holiness". After that, the president asked an unexpected for everyone question: “Ask, please, did the spiritual leader bring one of Yerevan radio anecdotes with him?”.
In response, the Catholicos asked what kind of anecdote the Indian president had heard.
Armenian jokes were known then thanks to the famous Armenians.
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)
- Goethe, Poetry and Truth Honored at Weimar Ceremony
- Another prequel of "Game of Thrones" is eyeing a green light: Deadline
- Growing Interest in Armenian Art at Tufts
- Asdghig ‘Starrie’ Alemian, One of Last Armenian Genocide Survivors in Massachusetts, Dies
- Tuchel: Neymar to play during PSG's upcoming match
- PM Pashinyan congratulates Medvedev on birthday
- Today is World First Aid Day
- Russia's Lavrov says war in Syria has ended
- "Star” of Martiros Saryan installed in Rostov, Russia
- Tension in Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Arsene Wenger taking up technical role with FIFA
- On September 16-18 the air temperature will gradually go up by 4-5 degrees
- Trump willing to meet again with North Korea’s Kim
- Armenians in Berlin
- Iris Karayan: ‘My Work Looks at Memory and Reenactment’
- Rex Kalamian Turns Laser Focus on NBA’s LA Clippers
- Teens are anxious, depressed after spending more than 3 hours per day on social media
- Armenia’s Victory over Bosnia and Herzegovina Brings Its Soccer Team Back to Third Horizontal (video)
- Dr. Taner Akçam to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Today is Mid-Autumn Festival Day in China
- Tigran Mansuryan’s movie soundtracks performed on composer’s 80th birthday
- Oreo cake recipe
- Tickets for Armenia-Finland Euro qualifiers fixture go on sale
- Verdict on on Robert Kocharyan's restraint to be announced on September 17