Spring will be rich in music festivals: Konstantin Orbelian
A new staging of the opera by G. Bizet “Carmen” will take place on March 7 in Yerevan with the participation of new soloists Greta Bagiyan and Hovhannes Ayvazian. The world premiere of the opera (director Naira Stepanyan, conductor - Christopher Okasek (USA, Washington) was held last year in Dubai, the Yerevan premiere was held in the autumn, on November 10.
In an interview with journalists, the director and artistic director of the Armenian National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet after Spendiaryan, Konstantin Orbelian, presented the forthcoming plans of the theater, as well as the spring repertoire on the threshold of the next premiere of the opera by J. Bizet’s Carmen.
“Now we can say we will have a spring premiere. I hope that we will have a great holiday, to which we invite all of you, ” - the maestro noted.
Orbelian noted that a number of festivals, both opera and ballet, are expected in spring.
“Spring will be rich in various festivals. This is the Festival of Italian Opera: in early May, Giuseppe Verdi’s operas - Traviata, Aida, and the Troubadour are expected to be staged. “Tosca” by Giacomo Puccini, a new staging of Gioacchino Rossini’s "The Journey to Reims", will also be presented", - Orbelian said.
According to him, in the spring, in the framework of the upcoming ballet festival in Yerevan, Aram Khachaturian’s ballets - “Spartak”, “Gayane” and “Masquerade”, will also be presented.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)