Foreign Minister not sure about date of visa liberalization with the EU
Liberalization of the visa regime with the EU is of great importance and is a matter of principle for Armenia. This was stated by Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan in an interview with journalists on the margins of the event dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership program in Brussels.
Answering the question of whether the issue of visa liberalization was discussed during the current meetings, the minister noted that the issue is important and it was discussed.
“Liberalization of the visa regime is not the only, but the most important tool, giving the opportunity to strengthen what is called contact between people. This is not the only tool, we pay attention and try to develop all areas. As I have already said, there are various comments, various questions concerning attitudes towards migration and policies in this direction. But we cannot consider the question closed and continue to consistently pursue our policy, since we believe that everyone is evaluated according to his merits and capabilities. We are very sensitive and will not create a situation threatening the abuse of visa liberalization. We do not contribute to anything that causes problems. Now we are told that there are other countries that are using and abusing the liberalized regime. For us, this is not enough reason. We want us to be judged by our merits, our capabilities, and in this regard, all experts and departments related to migration issues, in contact with relevant European experts to assess how well we have developed, how much they meet the criteria so that we can to start a dialogue on visa liberalization”, - the Foreign Minister noted.
When asked whether he could indicate a specific date, the minister noted that this could happen at any time. But when exactly, he cannot say for sure now.
- Aronian to face Matlakov at world cup NEW 43 MINUTES AGO
- U.S. blames Iran for Saudi attacks, 'pretend' diplomacy: Reuters
- GIPHY founder Alex Chung arriving in Armenia for WCIT
- Erdogan says will discuss U.S. missile purchase with Trump
- Armenian FM kicks off official visit to Lithuania
- Armenia’s Arthur 'White Bear' Alexanyan to compete at world championship final with injury
- 5 daily activities necessary to maintain health
- Guest Recipe: Saghi Bourma (rolled pastry with walnuts)
- Goethe, Poetry and Truth Honored at Weimar Ceremony
- Another prequel of "Game of Thrones" is eyeing a green light: Deadline
- Growing Interest in Armenian Art at Tufts
- Asdghig ‘Starrie’ Alemian, One of Last Armenian Genocide Survivors in Massachusetts, Dies
- Tuchel: Neymar to play during PSG's upcoming match
- PM Pashinyan congratulates Medvedev on birthday
- Today is World First Aid Day
- Russia's Lavrov says war in Syria has ended
- "Star” of Martiros Saryan installed in Rostov, Russia
- Tension in Armenian-Russian Relations: Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Arsene Wenger taking up technical role with FIFA
- On September 16-18 the air temperature will gradually go up by 4-5 degrees
- Trump willing to meet again with North Korea’s Kim
- Armenians in Berlin
- Iris Karayan: ‘My Work Looks at Memory and Reenactment’
- Rex Kalamian Turns Laser Focus on NBA’s LA Clippers
- Teens are anxious, depressed after spending more than 3 hours per day on social media