Foreign Minister not sure about date of visa liberalization with the EU
Liberalization of the visa regime with the EU is of great importance and is a matter of principle for Armenia. This was stated by Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan in an interview with journalists on the margins of the event dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Eastern Partnership program in Brussels.
Answering the question of whether the issue of visa liberalization was discussed during the current meetings, the minister noted that the issue is important and it was discussed.
“Liberalization of the visa regime is not the only, but the most important tool, giving the opportunity to strengthen what is called contact between people. This is not the only tool, we pay attention and try to develop all areas. As I have already said, there are various comments, various questions concerning attitudes towards migration and policies in this direction. But we cannot consider the question closed and continue to consistently pursue our policy, since we believe that everyone is evaluated according to his merits and capabilities. We are very sensitive and will not create a situation threatening the abuse of visa liberalization. We do not contribute to anything that causes problems. Now we are told that there are other countries that are using and abusing the liberalized regime. For us, this is not enough reason. We want us to be judged by our merits, our capabilities, and in this regard, all experts and departments related to migration issues, in contact with relevant European experts to assess how well we have developed, how much they meet the criteria so that we can to start a dialogue on visa liberalization”, - the Foreign Minister noted.
When asked whether he could indicate a specific date, the minister noted that this could happen at any time. But when exactly, he cannot say for sure now.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan ought to skip Baku Europa League final, argues ex-head coach of Armenia NEW 54 MINUTES AGO
- Armenian PM congratulates Vladimir Zelensky on assuming office of President of Ukraine
- Pashinyan calls on supporters to stop courthouse blockings from 13:00 PM
- Judicial system is a threat to our country's stability and national security: Nikol Pashinyan's speech:
- The Australian: Byron studied Armenian on the mysterious island of love
- Freedom House on developments in Armenia
- CSTO PA’s autumn session to be held in Yerevan, Armenia
- Nikol Pashinyan's live
- My Withdrawal Agreement Bill will be a bold new offer to MPs: Theresa May
- 'Satisfying', or 'a travesty'? Fans torn over Game of Thrones finale: The Guardian
- Opponents of Pashinyan protest outside the EU in Yerevan
- Zelensky announces dissolution of Ukrainian parliament
- Large-scale military exercises began in Azerbaijan: the task is to repel the opponent at night
- Armenian PM held phone conversation with Catholicos Aram I
- Vladimir Zelensky sworn in as President of Ukraine
- Prosperous Armenia Party calls on PM to cancel call for blocking courts
- His Holiness Garegin II addresses message on current situation in Armenia, calls on citizens to show calmness, avoid violence
- Iran becomes permanent member of CIS
- Armenian Prime Minister participates in blocking of court buildings
- Protesters blocked entrances to courts at Pashinyan's call (live)
- Today is World Meteorological Day
- President Sarkissian addresses nation, calls for “composure” and “soberness”
- Armenia’s Ombudsman rebukes PM’s “highly dangerous” call
- Armenia PM calls to block entrances and exits of all courts on Monday
- Today is the Armenian cinema founder Hamo Beknazarian’s birthday