Former Police Chief of Armenia Vladimir Gasparyan charged for abuse of power
Armenia’s investigative committee revealed a number of circumstances regarding the ongoing criminal case connected with the abuse of power by separate officials of the defense ministry, the Investigative Committee told Armenpress.
Vladimir Gasparyan (former police chief of Armenia) has been charged.
According to the investigation results, Vladimir Gasparyan, serving as head of the military police department from June 1997 to October 2010, later as deputy defense ministry until November 2011, being aware that three servicemen of the defense ministry’s military unit being designated as a military police officer do not conduct their military service, but carry out other tasks instead, enabled them to conduct activities not deriving from their status. In particular, one of these servicemen worked as a driver of Levon Sargsyan, the brother of the former President of Armenia Serzh Sargsyan, and the two worked as Alexander Sargsyan’s bodyguards.
In addition, Vladimir Gasparyan, serving as deputy defense minister on December 3, 2010, extended the military service term of one of these servicemen for five years.
As a result, during his tenure in the defense ministry the aforementioned servicemen didn’t fulfill their main functions, didn’t attend the military unit, but maintained their positions as a result of which a total of 21.691.481 AMD was paid to them from the state budget, causing a major damage to the state.
Vladimir Gasparyan has been charged for abuse of power. Signature not to leave has been selected as a precautionary measure against Gasparyan.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)