Undermining of the Georgian-Azerbaijani relations
We already had a reason to write about a noticeable cooling of Georgian-Azerbaijani relations. Even with the naked eye one can see that a whole “tangle” of contradictions arose between the two countries due to political and economic problems.
Azerbaijani propaganda openly accuses the Georgian authorities of creating favorable conditions for activities on its territory of the so-called anti-Aliyev underground, regarding this as an enemy gesture against Ilham Aliyev.
In fact, the Azerbaijani side tried to ensure that public figures and journalists who were dissatisfied with the Aliyev regime and found refuge in Georgia, against many of whom criminal proceedings were instituted in Azerbaijan, were arrested and extradited, but the Georgian authorities did not take this step. There are other signs of tension in Georgian-Azerbaijani relations.
The level of official contacts between the two countries has unprecedentedly decreased. The situation, apparently, did not improve even after the meeting of the President of Azerbaijan and the Prime Minister of Georgia in Davos.
However, there are no expert comments on this issue, which indicates that the parties have not achieved any fundamental progress. This Georgian-Azerbaijani tension should somehow manifest itself. And here was a convenient excuse.
According to media reports, a monument to Mikayel Avagyan, killed during the Artsakh war, was unveiled in Akhalkalaki municipality the other day. The event was attended by representatives of the city authorities, the Armenian deputies of the Samtskhe-Javakheti region of Georgia. The construction of the monument to Mikayel Avagyan was undoubtedly agreed with the local authorities.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)