US increases pressure on Venezuela and Cuba to force Russia out of the region: WSJ
The United States intends to strengthen its position in Latin America, and attempts to remove Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro from power are associated with an intention to weaken the influence of Russia and China, The Wall Street Journal reports.
According to sources, the publication, further actions of the American side will most likely be directed to Cuba and to oust Russia, China and Iran from the region.
"The administration aims to break ties between Venezuela and Cuba, as well as to bring about the collapse of regimes in both countries," the newspaper writes.
It clarifies that some US officials view Cuba as a more serious threat to national security.
Earlier, CNN reported that the political crisis in Venezuela and the country's dual power will be a test of “bromance” (close friendship between two men) between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says