US increases pressure on Venezuela and Cuba to force Russia out of the region: WSJ
The United States intends to strengthen its position in Latin America, and attempts to remove Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro from power are associated with an intention to weaken the influence of Russia and China, The Wall Street Journal reports.
According to sources, the publication, further actions of the American side will most likely be directed to Cuba and to oust Russia, China and Iran from the region.
"The administration aims to break ties between Venezuela and Cuba, as well as to bring about the collapse of regimes in both countries," the newspaper writes.
It clarifies that some US officials view Cuba as a more serious threat to national security.
Earlier, CNN reported that the political crisis in Venezuela and the country's dual power will be a test of “bromance” (close friendship between two men) between Russian President Vladimir Putin and US President Donald Trump.
- Meet Judge Armenui Amy Ashvanian
- Velvety Artistic Representation at Venice Biennale
- Edmond Kherlopian: From Kenya to South Africa and Zambia
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties Around the World
- Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Armenia: Alan Andranik Gogbashian
- ‘Abandoned’ Armenian Properties around the World
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Today is Armenian renowned prose writer Vardges Petrosyan's birthday
- 16.7 % increase in passenger flow, as compared to July 2018
- Haghartsin Week: Living and making our heritage alive
- Discovering Armenia: Lastiver (photos)
- Some essential points voiced by the Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in Artsakh
- Meeting with executive director of the “Hayastan” All-Armenian Fund Haykak Arshamyan
- The Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia
- Welcoming speech during the solemn opening ceremony of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games
- Solemn opening ceremony of the 7th Pan-Armenian Summer Games
- 5 Day Weather Forecast
- U18 European C'ship: Armenian women’s basketball team wins gold
- Nikol Pashinyan extends condolences to Donald Trump
- Kiev cutlets recipe
- Air temperature to go down by 8-10 degrees on August 3
- World's largest telescope to appear in Chile by 2027
- Azerbaijan violated ceasefire regime over 900 times during the week
- Commemoration of the Apostle Thaddeus and the Virgin Sandoukht
- Smbataberd Fortress: unapproachable fortress of Vayots Dzor