UNESCO removed birthplace of Jesus from its list of heritage in danger
The UNESCO World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in Baku decided to remove the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and the pilgrimage route from its list of endangered heritage. This was reported on Tuesday on the organization's website.
The decision was made in connection with the high quality of the work carried out, including the restoration of the roof, facades, mosaics and doors.
The Church of the Nativity of Christ was inscribed on the list of World Heritage Sites in Danger in 2012. The basilica, located 10 km south of Jerusalem, is one of the most important shrines in the Christian world - since the 2nd century AD it is revered by Christians as the birthplace of Jesus Christ.
The 43rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee opened in Baku on June 30 and will last until July 10.
- On July 26-27 the air temperature will go down by 3-4 degrees
- Britain weighs response to Iran Gulf crisis with few good options
- Most harmful to tooth enamel drinks named
- Discovering Armenia: Surp Astvatsatsin Church of Karbi (photos)
- EU pledges "multi-million support" to help revamp Armenia's judiciary
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Cavusoglu says Turkey is ready for new operation in Syria
- Increased danger level declared in France due to heat
- Ambassador Świtalski reaffirms EU’s position on NK conflict settlement
- Shot fired from Azerbaijani side in Nakhchivan section was not targeted: Armenia Defense Minister
- Zelensky's party set for big win in parliamentary elections
- Armenia must continue efforts for visa-free regime with EU: Switalski
- Iranian Foreign Minister calls US sanctions economic terrorism
- Armenia expects first Russian Su-30 fighters in late 2019 or early 2020
- New birthday photos of Prince George
- President of Artsakh attends final of international sport dance contest-festival in Stepanakert
- Artsakh is part of ancient Armenia: Ukrainian journalist on his journey
- Tigran Avinyan met with Armenian community in Boston
- 8 injured after lightning strike at Florida beach:
- Today is International Boxing Day
- Shinzo Abe intends to sign peace treaty with Russia while in office
- Nikol Pashinyan partakes in MOD graduates' graduation ceremony (live)
- World is changing rapidly, those who do not notice it, will be late: Armen Sarkissian visits Vanadzor Technology Center
- Eve of the Fast of Transfiguration
- Hye Pointe Armenian Church Holds Ceremony for Consecration of Cross