UNESCO removed birthplace of Jesus from its list of heritage in danger
The UNESCO World Heritage Committee at its 43rd session in Baku decided to remove the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and the pilgrimage route from its list of endangered heritage. This was reported on Tuesday on the organization's website.
The decision was made in connection with the high quality of the work carried out, including the restoration of the roof, facades, mosaics and doors.
The Church of the Nativity of Christ was inscribed on the list of World Heritage Sites in Danger in 2012. The basilica, located 10 km south of Jerusalem, is one of the most important shrines in the Christian world - since the 2nd century AD it is revered by Christians as the birthplace of Jesus Christ.
The 43rd session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee opened in Baku on June 30 and will last until July 10.
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)
- Nutritionists reveal secret of eternal youth
- New sarcophagus of Chernobyl nuclear power plant photographed from bird's eye view
- Turkey won’t stop Syria operation until it achieves goals, Erdogan administration says