UNESCO program to assess the situation of intangible cultural heritage safeguarding in Armenia
From May 26 to June 2, the UNESCO program - Assessment of Needs for the Application of the Convention "On the Protection of Intangible Cultural Heritage” will be implemented in Armenia.
According to the Ministry of Culture of Armenia, the goal of the program is to study the work on the implementation of the Convention in Armenia and assess the current situation of preserving intangible cultural heritage, basic needs, regulation of the legislative field, the formal and informal education system, as well as identify priorities aimed at developing the sphere.
It was organized with the cooperation of the Sofia Regional Research Center on the Intangible Cultural Heritage of South-Eastern Europe, the National Commission of UNESCO of Armenia and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Armenia.
In March 2019, the Sofia Center carried out a selection of experts participating in the program, with the result that an expert accredited by UNESCO, A. Stashkevich (Republic of Belarus) was elected. On these days, an expert in Armenia will make excursions to various places.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)