Armenia’s National Assembly among world’s most beautiful parliament buildings
The Independent has ranked the building of the Armenian National Assembly among the world’s 10 most beautiful seats of legislative assemblies.
Armenia sits 4th on the list compiled by John Rentoul, The Independent’s chief political commentator, from a Twitter thread by Allan Faulds, who presented the buildings housing the lower house of parliament of all 193 countries of the world.
“Love a bit of symmetry, the contrast between the grey bricks of the ground floor and the yellow-gold of upper floors is great, grounds look lovely, mild University Campus vibe but overall nice job Armenia,” Allan said on the Armenian parliament.
Hungary’s parliament tops the list, followed by the legislative assemblies of Romania and Trinidad and Tobago.
Rentoul's 10 favorites also features the parliaments of Angola, the United States, India, Canada, Seychelles and Bhutan.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)