Ukraine’s Zelensky signs impeachment bill
Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky has signed the bill on a special procedure of the president’s impeachment, the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine’s parliament) website informed on Monday.
The bill on the president’s impeachment "has been returned with the president’s signature," the message states.
The bill approved by the Verkhovna Rada on September 10 was initiated by Zelensky. According to the document, impeachment can be initiated by a majority of MPs sitting in the Verkhovna Rada [226 votes — TASS], while to ensure a full, comprehensive and impartial investigation, a special temporary investigative committee will be formed, which will include representatives from all parliamentary factions and groups, the special prosecutor and special investigators. This commission will draft conclusions and suggestions on whether a president committed treason or other crime.
After the Rada passes the impeachment motion, the Parliament should reach out to the Constitutional Court to get the conclusion whether the law was respected during the investigation and to the Supreme Court that is to confirm that the president's actions constitute crime.
The impeachment will go through only if no less than three quarters of Ukrainian MPs vote in favor of it.
- Statement of MFA of Armenia on the adoption of Resolution 296 affirming the US record on the Armenian Genocide by US House of Representatives
- Pushed by latest Turkey aggression, House passes resolution formally commemorating the Armenian Genocide. The Boston Globe
- Today is renowned Armenian actor Sos Sargsyan's birthday
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 2-3 degrees, in the daytime of 20 it will go down as much
- Recipe Corner: Stuffed Roma Tomatoes with Three Cheeses
- Armenian PM, President of Artsakh discuss mutual cooperation in Yerevan
- President of Armenia holds meeting with delegation of Confindustria Russia
- Coffee may be useful in the fight against diabetes, scientist say
- Armenia's Haypost wins first prize at Europa Stamps 2019
- 2,000 CSTO troops participating in Search 2019 exercise
- Nepal, China agree to remeasure height of Mt Everest: Times of India
- One of the rarest coins in the world dating back to 723AD goes on sale for £1.6MILLION
- Aronian and Hakobyan are half a point behind tournament leaders
- Armenian FM, OSCE MG Co-Chairs highlight formation of favorable environment for peace
- Japan Typhoon death toll rises: NHK
- Airbus delegation to visit Armenia at President’s invitation
- Armenian PM receives OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
- Syrian army enters Manbij to block Turkey’s expansion
- Today is Global Handwashing Day
- Kim Kardashian “emotional” over visit to Armenian Genocide Museum-Institute
- US sanctions Turkish ministries over Syria offensive
- Remote working may increase stress, reduce well-being: study
- Lepsius House, Genocide Museum Signs Cooperation Agreement
- Тhe air temperature will gradually go up by 3-4 degrees
- Holy Trinity Armenian Apostolic Church Bread Sticks (Simit)