Mkhitaryan could exit Arsenal if Gunners sign Suarez: media
Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan's place in the Arsenal side could be in doubt should the club sign Denis Suarez from Barcelona this month, The Sun says.
The Armenian international - currently sidelined with a foot injury - has flattered to deceive at the Emirates this season, where he has often been criticised by fans.
And he could now be deemed surplus to requirements if the Gunners manage to lure the Spanish international to North London.
Suarez is believed to be on the verge of linking up with the North London giants with Unai Emery a keen admirer having worked with the player at Sevilla during the 2014/15 season.
Suarez has been a peripheral figure at the Nou Camp under Ernesto Valverde this campaign, playing just 17 minutes of league football.
He has featured in just six games in all competitions, with his only two goals coming in the Copa del Rey against Spanish third-tier side Cultural Leonesa.
And he looks free to leave the La Liga leaders having been left out of the squad that beat Getafe 2-1 yesterday.
Mkhitaryan meanwhile has been used often by Emery, playing in 20 games, chipping in with four goals and three assists.
But he has been guilty of missing a number of key chances, notably in the Carabao Cup defeat against Tottenham and in the draw against Manchester United.
A metatarsal fracture has saw him miss the last five matches, and he is isn't expected back until February.
Arsenal fans have been crying out for a winger all season to add some much-needed creativity, with Mkhitaryan repeatedly singled out by supporters over poor displays.
- World’s leading experts to discuss Armenia’s economy development prospects in Yerevan
- VEM Ensemble to Perform at Holy Trinity Armenian Church on March 31
- Eurimages to provide €140 000 to Armenian-German co-production Aurora's Sunrise
- Armenia participated in Leipzig annual book fair
- FM introduced RA approaches on Artsakh conflict peaceful settlement to Armed Forces leadership
- Date and place of Pashinyan-Aliyev meeting may take place on March 29
- Armenia-Finland match to be served by referees from Montenegro
- Extraordinary session of the Government started
- Recipe Corner: Beef and Bean Enchiladas
- Bako Sahakyan convened consultation with heads of regional administrations
- Ara Khatchadourian Tackles Mountains, Life and Obstacles
- President Sahakyan chaired the meeting of the NKR Cabinet of Ministers
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan handed over his Arsenal shirt to the President Sarkissian
- Erdogan proposed to change Hagia Sophia status to mosque
- Operative meeting of RA Armed Forces leadership has kicked off
- Government to convene extraordinary session today
- Congress considers Trump's impeachment
- There has been no Trump-Moscow collusion: investigation
- Nikol Pashinyan to hold closed working meeting at defense ministry
- Kim Jong-un may visit Russia in the near future
- Serbia refused to join NATO
- Stoltenberg noted progress of Georgia in NATO integration process
- Today is the birthday of Archbishop Sebouh Chouldjian
- New Turkey-Iran-Qatar axis is rising in Middle East, and it has Saudi Arabia furious
- Jailed Turkish Novelist, Journalist Ahmet Altan Releases I Will Never See the World Again