Mkhitaryan could exit Arsenal if Gunners sign Suarez: media
Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan's place in the Arsenal side could be in doubt should the club sign Denis Suarez from Barcelona this month, The Sun says.
The Armenian international - currently sidelined with a foot injury - has flattered to deceive at the Emirates this season, where he has often been criticised by fans.
And he could now be deemed surplus to requirements if the Gunners manage to lure the Spanish international to North London.
Suarez is believed to be on the verge of linking up with the North London giants with Unai Emery a keen admirer having worked with the player at Sevilla during the 2014/15 season.
Suarez has been a peripheral figure at the Nou Camp under Ernesto Valverde this campaign, playing just 17 minutes of league football.
He has featured in just six games in all competitions, with his only two goals coming in the Copa del Rey against Spanish third-tier side Cultural Leonesa.
And he looks free to leave the La Liga leaders having been left out of the squad that beat Getafe 2-1 yesterday.
Mkhitaryan meanwhile has been used often by Emery, playing in 20 games, chipping in with four goals and three assists.
But he has been guilty of missing a number of key chances, notably in the Carabao Cup defeat against Tottenham and in the draw against Manchester United.
A metatarsal fracture has saw him miss the last five matches, and he is isn't expected back until February.
Arsenal fans have been crying out for a winger all season to add some much-needed creativity, with Mkhitaryan repeatedly singled out by supporters over poor displays.
- 6.1 magnitude quake strikes south of Indonesia’s Bali NEW 51 MINUTES AGO
- Pakistan re-opens airspace for civil aviation
- Europe to choose best young athlete
- Aeroflot Magazine devoted pages to Armenia
- Armenian PM’s wife attends charity performance in Yerevan Puppet Theatre
- Erdogan announced Turkey’s plans to establish joint production of air defense systems with Russia
- PM Pashinyan’s spokesperson comments on Venice Commission protocol
- Ryanair, WizzAir “ready to fly to Armenia if departure tax is dropped”
- Ambassador: Russia respects events underway in Armenia
- Arshak Chopanyan and issues of ancient Armenian literature
- Nutritionist shares top 5 tips to lose weight
- President Sarkissian visits Megerian Carpet in Yerevan
- Recipe Corner: Layered Middle Eastern Mazza (or Salad)
- Tekeyan Cultural Association, Inc. Dr. Nubar Berberian Annual Awards
- Mkhitaryan meets with Armenian community in LA
- Iranian military aircraft spotted at Hama Airbase in Syria
- I wish 'Golden Apricot' further rotting: David Sahakyants
- Wetting is not mandatory, therefore, the authorities agreed to abandon this idea: Arpine Hovhannisyan
- Daron Acemoglu named MIT Institute Professor
- Arshak Chopanyan's activities as an ADL member
- Swiss scientists predict climate similar to Tashkent for Yerevan in 30 years
- Erdogan announced sending 100 people to Russia for learning how to work with S-400
- Armenian team won 5 medals at International Physics Olympiad
- EU foreign ministers to discuss situation around Iran
- 152 demonstrators detained in Paris